How I Researched the Top Courses on How to Play the Piano

By Anna Kowalski

Are you like me?  Are you trying to learn how to play the piano too?  I think I've reviewed all of the top courses on how to play the piano out there and I've learned some things in the process.

First of all, you have to decide a few things.  Will you find and hire a personal instructor?  Have you considered just how expensive this will be?  Also, what about personalities?  Have you ever had another instructor, in school perhaps, where your personalities just seemed to clash?  What about time?   Will you be able to dedicate a routine amount of time to meet with your instructor ( and where will you meet)?  At the end of the day, this option didn't make sense for me.  What about you?

So then I started looking online and literally searched for the top courses on how to play the piano.  I found several interesting websites.  Some of them looked like they were built in the 90's, and some where beautifully constructed.  In short order, I was able to narrow down my search to only a few websites.

One thing I noticed right away is that online courses are much less expensive than hiring a private instructor!  And of course, much more convenient for my lifestyle.  But I wasn't sure which programs worked?

I decided my selection criteria would center around these big 3 necessities:

First, the course must have a Step-by-Step, systematic approach.  One where each step builds upon the one before.  That keeps me from going crazy!  Too much info at once and it's analysis paralysis!

Second, the course must have Video!  For me, it helps so much to be able to visualize the subject being taught.  Or in this case, be able to follow along on the keyboard myself while watching the movement performed in front of me.

And third, the course must have a 100% Risk-Free Guarantee.  I needed that security of knowing I wasn't getting stuck with something that just wouldn't work for me.

Now some other items that helped me research the top courses on how to play the piano were (in no particular order) I wanted to learn quickly, at least be able to perform (maybe even show off a little!) in a short amount of time.  I wanted to be able to play the electric keyboard as well as the traditional piano.  Also, I wanted to eventually play by ear, or just sit down and improvise with friends.

One more thing I recommend you look for, which I discovered by accident, is a course that offers some kind of free mini-course, or sample of some kind.  This is a great way to get to know your "instructor" before you invest in their program.  I noticed that the top website "survivors" of my research all had a sign-up form on their website, where many of the websites I dismissed earlier did not.

These are just some of the things I would recommend you consider when comparing the top courses on how to play the piano.   For even more details, check out my Lens below!

Find out how I researched the top courses on how to play the piano, and EXACTLY what I found over at my Lens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Is DUBTurbo the Best Beat Making Software?

The Pressing Need for No-Glitch Voice Over Services

A Review of Musicnotes - Digital Sheet Music Dealer